1.02.2011

Home

I've had a hard time lately knowing where my home it.  I usually start thinking about this after a break.  Being home in Naperville, IL is so wonderful.  It's comfortable and I grew up there, but it's also so infuriating to live in 'Naperworld' after I've gotten out of it.  The people in 'Naperworld' don't realize that there is so much more to the world than having the latest car and the newest iphone crap. 

Then I have my Bethel world.  I've been here for three and a half years and this has become what I call home because the people here understand me.  I am able to be me, and those who love me accept me as I am and challenge me to become a better person.  I know I won't be judged for how I act.  Especially when I moved into my own apartment, this place became what I longed for as my home. 

Then there is the fact that I know I have to give this Bethel home up in about five months, and move on to other things.  If I get into a theatre in Chicago then I will be challenged with my 'Naperworld' home again, but if not I will most likely be moving around for awhile and will need to create a new home as often as every couple of months.

Also I would love to make a home in New York before too long.  It will probably be one of the hardest choices I will have to make because of the risk of failure, but it's thrilling at the same time.  So where is my home?  It will always and forever be where my parents are, but it will also be spread all around the country because little pieces of my heart are spread all over the place, and it's sort of comforting to know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment